Wednesday, 27 July 2011
Hot pudding for the cold UK summer.
Forever mindful of the gluten and dairy free diet, I would like to suggest this as a very acceptable alternative to the hot pud so beloved by the Brits. Its adapted from Arlene Hubbard’s Beet Bake recipe . Hope you like it as much as I did.
You may have notice I am inordinately fond of red food.
The processor is used for minimum fuss and washing up
1. Finely grate 4 raw beetroot
2. Add 2 eggs
3. Add 2 tea cups of ground almonds
4. Add ½ cup sugar
5. Add one teaspn ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt
7. Add ½ cup whole hazelnuts
8. Process briefly to break them up
9. Add ½ cup cranberries
10. Pulse only to mix
Coat a loaf tin with oil and sprinkle with ground almonds.
Add cake mixture and bake at 160 degrees for about 1 hour or until done.
Serve with Red berry Sorbet or almond milk custard or both.